10 Ways to Move Forward Through a Pandemic
Are you tired of it all and ready to move on?
It’s easy to say, but how do we actually do that…in a safe and healthy way?
By being aware, not afraid.
With vaccine distribution underway and more medical treatments for COVID-19, we can feel stuck between staying where we are and moving forward, not knowing what to do.
But it may all come down to small steps in order to gain our confidence, health, and sense-of-self back. Following are 10 ways you can start to do this (please note that we do not endorse any activity and/or guarantee no-risk of contracting COVID-19).
- Schedule your yearly checkup. If you’ve put health checkups and appointments on hold this past year, consider scheduling that dental cleaning, annual physical, and/or yearly test.
- Start or continue to take a multivitamin, probiotic, vitamin D, and zinc to support and maintain your immune system.
- Connect with nature. If you’re ready to get out of the house, start by getting out in nature. Go for a weekly hike, try a new walking trail, go for a family bike ride, journal on an empty bench in the park, snowshoe, or forest bathe. It’s a great way to venture out and still keep your distance.
- Sign up now for a CSA. Want to start eating better? Local farms are getting ready for spring harvests, so consider joining a CSA, or community-supported agriculture farm, that you can begin to receive fresh produce from soon.
- Schedule a self-care appointment. Calm your nervous system from the past year with an acupuncture appointment, relax with a massage, talk with a therapist, or schedule a haircut or manicure. Take care of yourself.
- Simplify. Too many online purchases this past year? How about stocking up on non-perishable food and drink? Get rid of things taking up space in your life to allow room for renewed living. Consider cleaning out your closets and pantry to simplify from the chaos we’ve experienced and think about donating to local charities.
- Find Your Hobby. So many of our interests have been put on hold this past year. Now, is it something you can rejoin or take up again? Or, is there a new hobby you’ve been interested in pursuing? Maybe it’s time to try it!
- If you’re going to eat at a restaurant, choose outdoors. Make sure there is plenty of fresh air flow around you and your table is distant from others.
- If traveling, consider double-masking. Take as many precautions as you can when it comes to travel – double masking being one of them.
- Continue to follow guidelines. Don’t slack on mask wearing or hand washing just because some have received a vaccine and/or numbers are going down. Continue to be diligent so our community can continue to open.
It’s understandable that you’re ready to move on from the changes and stress of the past year and with small, safe steps, you can begin to do that.
If you are in need of mental and/or physical naturopathic health care, please call our office at (303) 688-6698 or click here to schedule a complimentary 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Graves to discuss further.
The CNMA office provides acupuncture, supplements, holistic counseling, and massage services for those in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Parker, Larkspur, Colorado Springs, and the greater Denver metro area. For those outside of these areas, we provide virtual appointments.