If qi vampires have sucked you dry, it may be time to restore the energy that’s been depleted.
If not, low qi can leave you feeling:
- apathetic with a lack of joy
and may also cause:
- memory problems/brain fog
- inefficient circulation
- a weakened immune system
- weight issues
which makes balancing qi vital for wellbeing.
Dr. Graves says that “realizing it’s okay to be human, taking a pause, and resting” can be the first step to building back qi. He recommends slowing down, taking note of what’s depleting you, and recognizing how it may be affecting your life.
In doing this, it’s important to acknowledge your own part in it. Are you trying to meet unrealistic expectations? Do you participate in unhealthy relationships? Have you created an overly-busy schedule?
Creating a life that values balance can cultivate qi and it all starts with our own thoughts, behaviors, and actions.
Following are 20 ways to build qi, starting today!
- Eat whole foods at each meal (fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, nuts, eggs, meat, fish).
- Meditate for 5 minutes such as with Relax Your Body & Your Mind – 5 Minute Guided Meditation.
- Go for a walk outside.
- Bring attention to your breath; use a tool like Breathe Bubble from Calm for guidance.
- Take a nap.
- Follow an online tai chi or qigong class or video.
- Get acupuncture.
- Eat fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, kombucha, kimchi, miso, and tempeh.
- Enjoy a massage – from a professional or loved one.
- Drink herbal teas.
- Read or journal (preferably in nature!).
- Enjoy a hobby or a special project.
- Consume warming spices such as turmeric, garlic, cloves, nutmeg, ginseng, and cinnamon.
- Take adaptogen herbs like ashwagandha, astrglalus root, holy basil, rhodiola, Siberian ginseng, lavender, chamomile, Schisandra Berry in supplements or teas.
- Start and keep a gratitude journal.
- Transform negative thoughts into positive opportunities.
- Connect with others – play boardgames with the family, meet a friend for coffee, or visit a neighbor!
- Engage in your spiritual practice.
- Go to bed early.
- Take a break and just be.
To build qi, consider what things and activities help calm your nervous system, clear your mind, and reset; observe how they can help balance out the qi draining ones.
Do you need support building your qi? Acupuncture, herbal supplements, holistic counseling, and massage can all help balance qi. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at (303) 688-6698 or click here to schedule an appointment.
The CNMA office provides naturopathic care, acupuncture, testing, massage, and holistic counseling to those in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Centennial, Parker, Larkspur, Monument, Colorado Springs, and the greater Denver metro area. For those outside of these areas, virtual appointments are available.