Are you feeling overwhelmed with our political and/or cultural climate right now?
Do you have overactive thoughts that are affecting your ability to relax?
Have you witnessed relationships being challenged due to rising tensions?
This time in our world is complicated. For many, it’s filled with concern and anxiety – both valid considering the climate of our culture right now – which is why living from your heart rather than just out of your head can make for more grounded living and better health.
Have you ever heard someone say, “Just get out of your head?”
Eastern medicine philosophy would say there is something to that!
In today’s world, our culture is work. Our minds and thoughts are who we are and the brain is required to do its job 24 hours a day.
This may seem productive, and throughout the day, it should be. But our brains haven’t evolved with the growing expectations and stress we face today (they are still constantly looking for threats to try and protect us as they did many years ago) which means that we can have a hard time finding clarity, compassion, and calm in our daily lives.
When we live in this mode consistently, it can lead to:
- overactive thoughts
- trouble relaxing
- sleep issues
- mood imbalances
as well as social issues such as disconnect from others and broken relationships.
Why is this important now more than ever?
Think of the news…social media…political signs…and other areas where there is anger, upset, fear, and divisiveness. Do you feel like you are part of a fear-based, individualized, productivity culture?
These areas of our life can suck energy out of us and when our energy is a limited resource, being part of the constant struggle in our world can leave us depleted and exhausted.
This is why syncing with your heart may be the answer you are in need of.
Living from your heart is about learning to use your brain for needs throughout the day, but at intervals and especially at night, moving your energy to your heart, which allows for kindness, compassion, clarity, and love.
How do you do that?
Actions such as:
- movement (walking, hiking, yoga, yard work, gardening, biking, etc.)
- touch (acupuncture, massage, warm baths)
- meditation (deep breathing, forest bathing, focusing on your feet when very stressed to move energy down the body)
- diet (whole seasonal foods with clean protein, warm tea, golden milk with added adaptogens such as boswelia, maca, and ashwagandha)
- herbs (such as Adrenal Response® by Innate Response Formulas, Lavela WS1265™ by Integrative Therapeutics®, and/or CBD oil)
- limiting or taking a break from news and social media
- turning off electronics at night
- cooking a family meal together
- closing your computer and eating lunch outside
- connecting with others in meaningful ways without political discussion
can all help the brain rest and restore itself so you can process your emotions, relax and unwind, and appreciate the world around you rather than detest it.
Have you been living out of your head too much lately and are ready to bring that energy to your heart?
If you live in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Parker, Larkspur, Monument, Colorado Springs, or the greater Denver metro area and would like support in doing this, please call us at (303) 688-6698 or click here to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Graves to talk about how you are feeling in today’s cultural climate and to learn how natural medicine can help balance your energy for a healthier and happier life…even during these times.