Have you witnessed your best friend drop pounds and gain energy on a certain diet?
Has your spouse changed the way he or she eats and is now happier than ever?
Do you constantly see the sea of diet options and wonder if you, too, should try these “must do” techniques?
Many clients come to us and ask what to do about losing weight. We find that selecting the right diet is a personal decision that varies from individual to individual, based on many factors. While one diet may work wonders for your mother, it’s not a guarantee it will do the same for you.
Physical as well as lifestyle factors that can influence how well a diet works may include, but are not limited to:
– hormone balance
– food allergies or sensitivities
– liver and gastrointestinal function to detoxify the body
– how much time and energy you have to shop, prep and cook
– availability of food needed for the diet
– the amount of daily exercise/movement you get
– your calendar: social outings, work events, community bbq’s, etc.
So how do you know which is best for YOU and YOUR LIFESTYLE?
We recommend a 4 step process to finding the diet that is right at this time in your life.
- Pick a Diet.
There are a plethora of diets to pick from, so after a bit of researching just go ahead and pick one! Click here for a brief synopsis of some of the most popular ones right now.
Keep in mind that it may not be the perfect fit, but you won’t know unless you try!
- Follow It Closely for One Month.
So you’ve picked a diet. Now it’s time to clean out the cupboards and get ready to dedicate yourself to it for the next month.
As you start out, consider support and changes that would be helpful in your journey such as:
– books and magazines about the diet
– resources for recipes
– an online forum or support group
– a friend who would like to try the diet with you
– communication to your family of what you need and how they can help
– shopping at different grocery stores based on your new found recipes
– determining other lifestyle changes that would complement and work synergistically with your new diet such as self-care, exercise, yoga, walking, meditation, writing, reading, etc.
- Monitor Your Progress.
Whether it be by hand-writing in a notebook or keeping track via an app, it can be crucial to monitor how you are feeling, what’s easy and what’s challenging with your lifestyle and your overall mental and physical health throughout the month.
- Check In at the One Month Mark.
You’ve probably sacrificed a bit over the past month, so now it’s time to check-in to see if the challenges were worth it.
What are the results of:
– weight loss
– inches lost
– energy level
Keep in mind that average healthy weight loss for long-term results are:
Women – 1 to 4 pounds per month
Men – 4 to 8 pounds per month
Are you satisfied with your results? If not, don’t get discouraged! It’s just time to try a different diet.
If you have tried numerous diets without success and are looking for support, our team at CNMA is here to help.
If you live in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Centennial, Parker, Lone Tree, Highlands Ranch, Larkspur, Monument, Colorado Springs, or the greater Denver metro area and would like recommendations in losing weight and feeling healthier, please call us at (303) 688-6698 or click here to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Graves to discuss further.
Dieting and weight loss can be a bit of a trial and error. Together, let’s keep you motivated and find success!
Leave a Reply