The sense of wonderment, the seeds of imagination, the making of new ideas… and the downright fun!
When was the last time you got creative?
For some of us, creativity was part of a much younger self in which life now can seem too full for the time, energy, and clarity needed for such an endeavor.
But maybe we shouldn’t be too quick to dismiss it…
Being creative can help stimulate both right and left hemispheres of the brain leading to improved cognitive (brain) function, reduction of stress, and increased happiness – all of which can possibly decrease risk of illness and disease.
And what’s one way to get those creative juices flowing? By writing!
But don’t worry, you don’t have to be a writing pro to benefit from written creative expression. Just let the words take you where they may with no concern for how perfect (or imperfect) it may seem!
Need inspiration to get you started? Here are 15 prompts for your next composition!
- What’s one thing you know for sure?
- What animal do you connect with the most? Would you call it your spirit animal? Why is that?
- What do you secretly wish you could do? Is it imaginative and mystical? Realistic and feasible? How could it contribute to your happiness as well as that of others?
- Write about one person who has influenced you. What have they done? What have you learned from them? How do you pass those learnings on to others? How could you thank them?
- If you could live in one National Park for the rest of your life, which one would it be? Why is that? Have you been there before or would you like to visit?
- Think about a loss you’ve suffered. Write a poem about saying goodbye.
- Finish the sentence, “If you listen close enough…”
- Write a story about something you thought was real as a kid. What if WAS real? Get imaginative of what that would look like in the world today.
- If a long lost sibling showed up at your doorstep, what would you tell them about yourself and your family?
- Write about a special moment or achievement in your life (fiction or non-fiction). Start by finishing this sentence, “It all began with…”
- How would you explain earth and its inhabitants to an alien from another planet?
- Write a recipe for a new sandwich you wish your neighborhood deli would offer. What would it be called? How much would you pay for it?
- What if the internet had not been invented yet? What would life look like that’s different from how it is now?
- If you had to move to a different city, where would you move? Why would you choose that? What would you do there?
- What’s one thing you would do if you weren’t scared? Why?
This type of writing can be carefree and fun, but also stimulating and insightful. Let the words flow and enjoy the journey!
For naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, herbal supplements, holistic counseling, and massage, please call our Castle Rock office at (303) 668-6698 or click here to schedule an appointment.
Leave a Reply