As the snow is falling outside it’s hard to think about allergy season right around the corner. But the moment the sun comes out, the snow starts to melt, and the temperatures begin to rise, nature will be ready to bloom.
Are you ready for when it does?
Preparing yourself for allergy season before it hits can mean the difference between enjoying the beauty of the outdoors versus staying holed up inside with a box of tissue next to you.
We want you to love spring versus dread it, so that is why we are sharing supplement tips to get your immune system primed to crush those allergies!
The key to getting through allergy season with ease may just be prevention. Because allergies are an over-reaction from the immune system, Dr. Graves recommends balancing and strengthening immunity at least one month prior to budding trees (which would mean starting to build up the immune system in February in Colorado).
Supplements that support the immune system include:
– Astra 8™ by Health Concerns®: a blend of 8 Chinese herbs that support the immune system and adrenal glands in helping them not over-react. Take 2 in the morning and 2 at noon.
– ProBiota HistaminX by Seeking Health®: a probiotic designed to breakdown histamines in the body. Take 2 per day.
– Liver C™ by Mountain Peak Nutritionals®: supports the liver in detoxing histamines. Take 1 per day.
These supplements can be started early and taken throughout the entire allergy season. By calming the immune system before being exposed to allergens, it encourages your immune system not to react for when you are.
Stop by the CNMA office or call us at (303) 688-6698 or email email@example.com to order.
If you do find yourself with acute symptoms – and if you’ve ever found yourself sneezing uncontrollably, suffering from watery and itchy eyes, you know what those can feel like.
But there can be natural relief!
When symptoms hit, the following supplement can work wonders:
– Breathe Easy: Pour one capful of solution into a full saline nasal spray bottle and spray in nose throughout the day as needed.
– D-Hist™ by Ortho Molecular Products: aimed at calming histamines and relieving nasal and respiratory irritation. Take 2 pills three times a day.
– Liposomal Vitamin C by Empirical Labs: this type of vitamin C is absorbed straight into the bloodstream, helping stabilize the immune cells to not give off histamine. One teaspoon daily in juice is recommended.
In addition to supplements, a complete holistic approach to allergy season is advised by Dr. Graves which includes:
– avoiding high histamine foods such as dairy and gluten
– performing a daily sinus rinse
– drinking plenty of water
– getting 7-8 hours of quality sleep
– having consistent and healthy bowel movements
It’s important to note that some people respond best to medication while others may not. Allergies sometimes need to be hit from a variety of angles – and prescriptions can be one of them. The process to finding what is right for you make take some time, but patience and determination can be worth it.
If you suffer from debilitating seasonal allergies and live in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Parker, Larkspur, Monument, Colorado Springs, or the greater Denver metro area, please call us at (303) 688-6698 or schedule a complimentary 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Graves to talk about what you deal with, testing that may provide insight, and/or natural options to relieve symptoms.
Is it time to kick the tissue box to the side?