Searching for ways to bring your loved ones together for fun, authentic, and unique experiences this holiday season?
We love a good idea – especially during this time of year, so we’re sharing 10 of our favorites for inspiration in making the holidays enjoyable for all!
- Host or Attend a Holiday Tea. Kids and adults alike can enjoy a relaxing afternoon sipping herbal teas, snacking on simple miniature sandwiches, and dabbling in a sweet or two. We love how this get together makes way for everyone to slow down and appreciate each other’s company.
- Parade of Lights. Bundle up for a night downtown and watch Denver’s Parade of Lights. Bring a thermos of tea or hot chocolate to stay warm!
- Ice Skating. A quintessential holiday activity, Colorado doesn’t lack in the ice skating department. Check out all of the outdoor rinks in this beautiful state and plan a day of it!
- Christmas Light Viewing. An evening ogling over Christmas lights can be magical for the entire family. Caravan with friends or neighbors and see the sights around town!
- Visit a National Park. Colorado and its surrounding areas have a bounty of state and national parks waiting to be explored. Connect with nature during the season by spending time outdoors.
- Decorate a Gingerbread House. This family activity can be enjoyed by those both young and old. It’s a wonderful way for all to use their creativity!
- Watch a Holiday Movie. A night in snuggling up on the couch? Yes, please! Make some popcorn, cuddle up with cozy blankets, and enjoy a family favorite. The laughs can be helpful to lighten up stress!
- Arts and Crafts. Craft stores offer a wide variety of arts and crafts kits and supplies. Let imaginations soar by making anything from a homemade ornament to a knit scarf – and consider gifting your creation!
- Snowshoeing. A wonderful way to get in cardio movement while taking in awe-inspiring scenery, snowshoeing can be an activity for the entire family. Here are some to consider!
- Doing Good for the World. Giving back can bring meaning to the holidays. Think about what may work for your family such as allowing each child to donate a certain amount of money to their choice of charity, running a family 5k race to raise funds for an organization, or volunteering your time to help others.
These ideas can be a starting point to creating new memories, but be mindful of overdoing it. Relaxing during a time of year that can be anything but is important for managing stress and staying healthy. So make sure your activities are fulfilling and nurturing and revel in the magic of the season.
For naturopathic healthcare during the holidays or at any other time throughout the year, please contact our office at (303) 688-6698 or click here to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation with Dr. Graves.
The CNMA office provides naturopathic care, testing, massage, and holistic counseling to those in Castle Rock, Castle Pines, Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Centennial, Parker, Larkspur, Monument, Colorado Springs, and the greater Denver metro area. For those outside of these areas, virtual appointments are available.
Leave a Reply